While your personal shopper is working on your order, you can chat with them about changes to your order, to get more information about a recommended replacement, and anything else you want to communicate.
If a shopper hasn’t started your order yet, you can make changes to your order such as item selections, notes, and replacement options. Learn more about updating your order.
Chat in the Instacart app
Open the Instacart app while your order is in progress.
- Tap the current order card at the bottom of the screen OR
- Tap View account under your name at the top of the app dashboard
- If you do not see View account, tap the three stacked horizontal lines in the upper left corner
- Tap Your orders
- Tap the current order
- When your current order screen appears, tap the chat bubble icon in the upper right corner
- Send your message
- If you have turned on in-app notifications, you’ll receive an alert when your personal shopper replies.
Chat on the Instacart website
- At the top right, click either Account or Hi, [Your Name]
- Click Your Orders
- Click View order detail on the current order
- Click Leave a message for your shopper here!
- To view replies, keep the page open on your browser